An Introduction

     As I enter my senior year of college, I realize I have been missing out on some vital parts of what should. have been one of the greatest experiences of my life. I wanted to do great things, change the world, so on so forth, and here I am. I am more confused than when I entered college. 

    I have looked at what feels like a million internships over the course of the last few months (that's not to say that I haven't already had a few, its more so to keep learning and trying out new environments) and apparently I am the weirdo for not already having a blog. That's fine, though. Better late than never. 

    On this blog, I will probably share a lot of things. Mostly, weird analyses of different political events going on. I could write this all out and maybe I'll hand it in for one of my internship applications, get yelled at for "plagiarism" of my own work. Maybe no one will ever find this and read into yet another blog where a random college student dissects events with the minute collection of skills they were able to obtain throughout their undergraduate career. Either way, at least I can say I tried.

    As I've stated before, I am a rising senior that should be graduating in May 2023, but we'll see just how well that works out. I am an International Affairs major with an emphasis in law, diplomacy, and organization. I am attempting to learn Arabic, but it's pretty hard to be fully immersed in a language somewhere where no one actually speaks it. (Honestly, if anything, I regret not doing study abroad WAY MORE than I regret not starting a blog sooner.) I have applied for what feels like hundreds of internships, but of the internships I've received my time at NNIC was by far the best. I'm watching all of my friends enter the workforce right now, and so far every single person has been torn between following their morals and being able to afford to put food on the table - it's the depressing reality we live in. I really hope I don't have to make that same choice later on.

    Anyway, be prepared for the blogposts to come. I'll try to keep them researched based rather than overly political, but it's hard to walk that line when you're literally working in politics. 

~see you soon

Comments